EDGEFIELD, S.C.—The National Wild Turkey Federation has partnered with Publishing Concepts, Inc. to bring our 50th anniversary alive with your stories.
A story is defined as being an account of past events in someone’s life or in the evolution of something. There are great stories out there ? some of unbelievable triumph in the face of adversity, others of unthinkable heartbreak and still some that motivate us to be better humans.
The story of the NWTF is like no other, and as our 50th anniversary draws closer, we want to share it with others. Founded in 1973, the NWTF was by all standards, a small start-up conservation organization. In just under 50 years, look where we are today: One of the most well-respected and effective conservation organizations in the United States. Our mission, to conserve the wild turkey and to preserve our hunting heritage, has been the guiding light all these years.
In our past, there have been great leaders, visionary researchers and dedicated partners. But there has also been one part of the organization that has truly led our efforts: you, our members.
Each of us has a story and we are excited to hear yours. We are looking for stories of conservation work, mentoring the next generation of hunters, how/when you first became a hunter, what drew you to the NWTF, hunting traditions you and your hunting family share, stories of friendships made through the NWTF and any other story you would like to share with us. Finding those snapshots in time that depict who you are and the work you have done over the past five decades is important to our history.
Some of your stories we know. Some we have not had the privilege to hear. Please share those stories with the PCI team as they reach out via email and phone in the near future to collect your NWTF memories and piece together a 50th anniversary book worthy of all of our significant accomplishments.
Frequently Asked Questions by Members
- I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about The National Wild Turkey Federation, Inc. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legit! In celebration of our 50th Anniversary, we have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for NWTF. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows NWTF to hear about your personal experiences and explain how NWTF has helped shape your lives.
- Does The National Wild Turkey Federation, Inc. benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage members
- Legacy – preserves the history of our organization
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for NWTF
- Revenue – generates donation revenue for member programs
- How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time with NWTF. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to NWTF at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time to share your story.
- I shared a story and the representative said I could send some photos. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
- I’d like to add / remove info from my story.
You will receive an email prior to publication with a link to review your transcribed story and make any edits.
- Can anyone purchase a book?
The National Wild Turkey Federation, Inc. 50th Anniversary Oral History Publication is available for sale only to NWTF members.
- I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com and they will take care of this for you.
The post NWTF Bringing Your Stories to 50th Anniversary Book appeared first on Hunting and Hunting Gear Reviews.